If you’ve been to Japan or die-hard Japanese product fan, then you most probably have seen Calpis drink or consume it before. It is a popular non-carbonated soft-drink in Japan or among the Japanese. We’ve tried it during our holidays trip in Japan and love it. A few months ago, I found it in the Asian store in Holland and it was pretty pricy. Unfortunately, it is sold out everywhere now. I was searching desperately on the internet where I can buy it online, then came across this site showing how to make it at home. So I gave it a try with the ingredients specified on the web site without following the measurement.
Ingredients: Yogurt, sugar and lime.
I used a non-fat/non-full yogurt, cane sugar and a lime.
- Add the yogurt and sugar into a heat proved bowl.
- Place the bowl over simmering water.
- Stir the yogurt and sugar until smooth.
- When it is ready, remove the bowl from the simmering water.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the yogurt mixture. Mix well.
When the mixture has cool down, you can chilled it in the fridge and then add your favorite drink to it. If you can’t wait like me and like the one similar to the bottle, then add water to dilute the yogurt mixture and it taste almost the same.