Sometimes just feel like having udon soup, so I created this soup bowl myself and taste great.
It is very simple, chicken soup, udon and other ingredients that you can find in your own fridge
Here is the recipe for my own chicken soup or you can create your own one if you like.
Ingredients for the soup bowl:
- Udon noodle – instant or freshly made, upon your like.
- Bean sprout (tauge)
- Choy sum or pak choy – anything green
- Hard boiled egg
- Spring onion, the green part
- Shimeji mushroom
- Chicken Chashu – I made this a couple of weeks ago and the recipe is here.
- Cook the noodles according to the instruction from the package, then blench it with cold water to remove the starch.
- Blench the bean sprout/tauge in boiling or hot water.
- Cook the green vegetable in boiling water.
- Prepare some hard boil eggs ahead.
- Shredding the spring onion.
- Chicken chashu, if it is cold, then blench it with the hot chicken soup a couple of time to get it warm-up.
- Place the udon into the bowl.
- Add in the chicken chashu.
- Arrange the bean sprout to cover the udon on top.
- Put the green vegetable along side (choy sum or pak choy)
- Pour the soup over the noodles.
- Arrange half of the hard-boil egg on top.
- Garnish with the spring onion.
There is your udon chicken soup. Itadakimasu!!!