I found this recipe from the nobcook site but make some minor adjustment on the ingredients.
- Chicken pieces
- Sesame oil
- Shitake mushroom
- Spring onion (white part)
- Ginger (slices)
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp or less (I don’t like too sweet in the dish)
- Chinese coriander – for garnishing OR Spring onion – the green part
- Dark soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp – 5-spice powder
- Heat the sesame oil.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook until no longer pick.
- Add white part of the spring onion, ginger, garlic and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in carrot, seasoning and the water.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, then add in 1/2 teaspoon sugar for the sweetness and beautiful glaze.
- Then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the shitake mushroom at last and mix it well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn-off the fire and garnish with Chinese coriander or green part of the spring onion.
You can always add something extra inside this dish to make it a little colorful.