Almost the last day of the year and made my best-ever banana cake. It is one of our favorite.
- 125g un-salted butter (room temperature)
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs / 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp. milk (warm)
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- walnut (optional)
- Sift the flour and baking powder (dry mixture).
- Add the baking soda and cinnamon powder into the dry mixture, combine them well.
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Add one egg at a time, fold in the dry mixture slowly.
- Add warm milk and then vanilla extract.
- At last, add the remaining flour.
- Puree the banana and squeeze small amount of lemon (optional).
- Add the pureed banana into the dough mixture.
- Add chopped walnut (optional) if you like.
- Grease the baking pan and warm the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and then bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- When it is done, take it out from the oven and leave it on a rack to cool for at least 10 minutes together with the baking tin.
- After 10 minutes, remove it from the tin and leave it to cool down before serving.